Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easter Egg Rolling, Hunting & Eating

The Easter festivities may be over - but we did have some fun. There was the annual village egg rolling on Good Friday. It has become a bit of a tradition in the village although no one can remember how it began or what time it actually starts! - so there were lots of separate groups of people walking up the big hill in our village to roll their very hard boiled (you need to boil it for at least 20 minutes to make sure it doesn't explode as it hits the ground!) and beautifully decorated (so you know which one is yours at the bottom) eggs down the hill. It may sound a bit silly but it is great fun chasing after your egg. The fun continued the next day when Flopsy Bunny went on an Easter Egg Hunt with some of her pre-school friends and of course Easter Sunday was mainly about eating the eggs found on the hunt the day before and also some that the Easter Bunny had brought. As I mentioned in my last post, Flopsy Bunny has got a bit confused between Christmas and Easter, she was certain that the Easter Bunny would be hopping down the chimney with some eggs for her!

So not much time for anything crafty but I just wanted to add a note to my last post about the knitted Easter Eggs or egg in my case! I filled my egg with polyfil but I think next year I will use a polystyrene egg as I wasn't too happy with the shape of the egg - more barrel than egg! Although if I had time to mess around with the filling I might have been able to get it looking more egg shaped. The pattern as usual was excellent and really easy to follow and complete and I discovered that post-Easter you can hang the egg from the baby gym and it becomes an egg-cellent (sorry for the pun!) toy for Little Roo.


No comments:

Post a Comment