Tuesday 1 March 2011

Wizard Boy

At last some dressing up clothes for Little Roo.  As requested by Flopsy Bunny - his very own wizard outfit . . .



. . . and of course every wizard needs a magic wand to cast his spells - which in our house involves turning everyone into a goat!  I used the Simplicity Pattern 5512 - which I fell in love with not least because of the girl's cape.  I have always wanted a cape like that.  I am definitely going to make it for Flopsy Bunny.  She is already asking for a Belle dress (from Beauty and the Beast) and I think she might just have to settle for a Belle cape instead.  As I have some red velvet left over from curtain making and spotted some lovely cream fur trim in Fabric Land recently!!!

So the outfit was a little bit of a pain to make, mainly because I choose some very shiney fabric which frayed a lot.  I appliqued on the stars and set to work making it up.  Lovely design but it was miles too big, the smallest size was age 3 but still Little Roo looked a bit like Dopey from Snow White in it.  Anyway disaster struck with a too hot iron while I was pressing seams and it meant that I had to chop 6 inches off the bottom.  But as it turned out that was exactly the amount needed for it to fit properly!  The purple tabbard has been a great hit with Flopsy Bunny and she likes to wear it for a dance class play.  I've been instructed to make another in pink for her!  I love the edging - silver ric rac and silver bias binding wonderful!  The wand was made from black felt and although not very straight and a bit bendy is great because it won't have anybody's eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment