Friday 7 May 2010

Everyone needs a cute pincushion

When I saw this pincushion tutorial last year on Craftpudding's blog I knew I just had to make one - how cute is it and useful too!! It also gave me an excuse to buy (and use) a glue gun which has always held a certain excitement and fascination for me. So I collected the items needed, a left over baby food jar from Little Roo, some ribbon that came off an Easter decoration and some pretty fabric and settled down last night to finally put the whole thing together. One of the commentators on Craft Puddings tutorial suggested filling the top of the pincushion with steel wool to keep the pins sharp - which seemed a great idea so I did the same. So after waiting ages to finally complete this project it came together really easily and now I've got a lovely and really cute pincushion to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment