Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter fun

Yay, the finished crown!!  I'm so pleased with how it turned out - a great hit with both Little Roo and Flopsy Bunny.  Little Roo did look sweet in his Easter Crown running around in the garden for our Easter Egg Hunt.
The inspiration for the crown came from Cupcakes for Clara's blog.  I remember seeing her post about the birthday crown she had made for her little girl and thought, ah, a crown and stored it away until the right crown moment came along - which is now!  Cupcakes for Clara got her crown idea from SouleMama, who has a pattern for the crown in her book The Creative Family: How to Encourage Imagination and Nurture Family Connections.  Anyway, lots of lovely crowns to have a look at and get inspiration from.  I wanted mine to be more king like rather than for birthdays etc, hence all the jewels and also it's because I have slightly magpie tendencies and got a bit carried away in the shop!
So talking of Easter Egg Hunts I found these darling little egg tins from Maileg (I just love their things) and thought they would be just the thing for collecting and storing Easter Eggs.
 I hope you all had a lovely Easter Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment