Tuesday 9 October 2012

New Clothes

There's no denying it, it is well and truely autumn.  This week I could resist it no longer and packed all my summer clothes away, rather wistfully I might add as I felt I had hardly worn them this year.  I then said hello again to all my winter clothes and decided that my wardrobe needed a good clear out. Everything came out, summer clothes were put away or sent to the charity shop and winter clothes were arranged by type and hung on my nicest hangers.  It was a really enjoyable process and something I don't do every often but it made me realise what clothes I had, which items went with which and what gaps I had.  I decided I needed some trousers and skirts and then remembered some fabric hidden away for what feels like years for just such items.  So I dug around in my fabric/craft stash and came up with this pile of loveliness. 
 
The top fabric is some shorts I had made for myself about 20 years ago which I had kept to refashion into something for Flopsy Bunny, a skirt perhaps or maybe even some more shorts!  The second fabric, the one I'm most excited about is for a skirt for me - that might come top of my to do list!  Then the bottom fabric came in a bag, with a pattern, cotton and zip - all ready - why has it taken five years to get this far???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment