Tuesday 16 April 2013

One free ball of yarn


During my search for the right tone of green and red in aran needed for the Dragon Hat, I happened to find myself in Hobby Craft and as luck would have it they had the perfect green/red combination AND not only that - they had a three for two deal on!  Well it must be my lucky day.  So I had a quick look round and was instantly drawn to this most gorgeous, bright and vivid pink wool.  Ahhh my free ball of yarn.

It's been sitting around for a bit as I wasn't quite sure what to make with it.  I didn't want to buy any more as it wouldn't be a free ball of yarn - if you get my drift.  I also didn't want to make a hat as I had made a couple recently, here and here.   I had also made some mittens recently too - so gloves where out of the question.  Then a quick wander round Ravelry and I made a discovery (which I'm sure is of no surprise to most of you Ravelers out there) but you can search the patterns by wool length and weight!  Well that was great, I popped in the yardage and the weight and hey presto 195 pages of projects came up.  After much umming and ahhing the Ida Lace Cowl was the one and here it is!  Also an excellent choice as it is still a bit parky around these parts. Also, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older or not, but I have felt the need to have something warm round my neck recently!!

No comments:

Post a Comment