Saturday 31 October 2009

Spooky goings on ...

It's all been a bit spooky around our neck of the woods. We've been to a Halloween disco, which was excellent fun for Flopsy Bunny and even Little Roo enjoyed himself and it gave us all a chance to dress up. I've realised that I have LOTS of halloween dressing up clothes, not sure why, but I have devils horn's, witches hats and my favourite fluffy spider deely boppers!

So the halloween disco was in aid of our local pre-school and I was roped into making some halloween biscuits.
Ok so the photo doesn't really do them justice but I was actually quite pleased that they even got to this state! I used this receipe for the biscuits and rather wished I had read the comment that had been left before I started making them - I've only just seen it!! Like the commentator I also found that I got a gooey mess at the end despite following the receipe exactly! In fact I only put in half the quantity of buttermilk as I could see which direction the mixture was heading! So it did not make a dough and therefore it was impossible to cut cookies from it. Luckily I put the whole bowl in the fridge for a couple of hours and using masses of flour to flour the surface, my hands and the rolling pin I managed to cut out some decent-enough looking biscuits. The decorating bit went a bit better, although I discovered that Flopsy Bunny had been round eating all the chocolate drops which were the bats eyes! Luckily I still had a bit of black icing left to stick some more back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment