Friday 7 January 2011

2010: A Review


I thought I would have a quick review of all the things I have made this year - a bit of an eclectic mix don't you think?  It's certainly been a fun making year and although I didn't quite manage to make as much as I would like - so many projects, so little time - I'm pleased with what I have managed to do and the things I have learnt along the way.

Next year - oops this year, I have a great book to wade through, a birthday present from my lovely brother, Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts: 150 Inspired Sewing Projects from A-Z, which I'm sure will inspire me to make lots of things.  I am looking forward to a quiet evening by the fire to dive in and have a good old read.  I'm also going to buy this lovely book, which I am coveting from my sister's present pile, Home Sweet Sewn: Over 20 Beautiful Sewing Projects to Make Your House a Home.  I've already decided to make the lovely angel for the top of our Christmas tree this year.  Actually both of us have decided to go for that one - trying to recreate the angel that was made by our grandmother and which sits at the top of our parents tree every year.

So I had better update my projects list!  Of course there is one project which is right at the top of the list and quite urgent as it is a belated Christmas present for Little Roo from his sister.  She announced just before Christmas that Little Roo needs some dressing up clothes and that was what she would like to give him - so I need to rustle up a wizard outfit as quickly as possible - watch this space...!

No comments:

Post a Comment