Sunday 18 December 2011

On the ninth day of Christmas . . .

. . . I filled two tea cups with pretty bulbs

It is always tricky to know what to give my two grandmothers.  Yes I am blessed, both are going strong at 96 and 102 and its good to know there are longevity genes on both sides!  But then what to give . . .  This year, having seen this idea in a number of florists I decided to give it a go myself.  So off I popped to our local antiques and brick a brack shop - Oh how I love that shop - a real aladin's cave and I always find what I'm looking for!  Do you remember these? - well as I said this shop rarely fails to deliver, and this time I am really happy with my kingfisher cups - rather lovely don't you think?  Then it was just a case of putting some compost in, popping in a bulb and topping with moss and hey presto, gorgeous granny presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment