Thursday 30 September 2010

3 Beautiful Things

  • I was child free and foot loose today so I popped into my favourite little antiques/bric a brac shop in the village.  It's not the sort of shop you want to go into when you have inquisitive little hands and a buggy!!  So it was a real treat to have a browse around and then I spotted this sweet little tea set for two and just loved it.  I'm thinking lots of afternoon tea opportunities with scones and a friend to join in! 

  • Waitrose was having a special offer on plums yesterday and I couldn't resist - that and the fact that a visit to my friend had me weighed down with lots of cooking apples meant that spiced plum chutney was calling out to be made.  I'm hoping it will be beautifully yummy but will have to wait for 6 weeks to find out - labels in the process of being produced!!
  • Having taken the first two photos I became a bit trigger happy and set off trying to find new things to shoot.  These beauties are really brightening up our garden at the moment and I've got them positioned right outside the kitchen window so I can look at them while washing up and thinking what else I can make with my surplus cooking apples!  (The thing I like about this photo is that you can see one of our -many- log stacks in the background!).

No comments:

Post a Comment