Monday 5 November 2012

A dark, damp space

DH and I have been busy this half term on a little joint project.  There's a small dark, damp area of our garden just outside the backdoor; when we first moved into the house there was an old coal bunker there, which remained unused as we don't burn coal and it wasn't really useful for anything.  Then when Flopsy Bunny came along we dismantled the coal bunker (reusing the concrete sides, of course, to stand compost bins on up the garden!) and put a sand pit in its place.  I had visions of Flopsy Bunny happily playing outside while I pottered in the kitchen within ear shot - but alas she didn't much like being in this dark, damp place either!!  So this year we decided that the sand pit had come to it's useful end and was emptied out and moved to an unused patch of the garden to become the kids mud patch, I would like to say flower bed or vegtable garden but I know that Little Roo will just be digging holes and filling them up with water!  Better there though than in my veggie patch!  So finally this little area of our garden has reached it's potential - a log store!!!

So DH and I set about building this little store.  It always amuses me when we try and do things together as we have such different ways of going about DIY projects.  But we managed this pretty well don't you think??!!  I was on wood sawing and painting and DH was in charge of power tools - of course!!  Ah a season's worth of logs - how comforting now that the temperature is dropping!

1 comment:

  1. I love your new log-store. Great use of that space!

    ReplyDelete