Sunday 23 May 2010

Ode to Sweatpeas

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
  1. I love your vibrant colours which look soooo good together
  2. I love your heavenly scent
  3. I love your delicate petals
  4. I love the way you climb and hold on with tiny tendrils
  5. But most of all I love you because you remind me of my grandad
OK - you get the picture! I love sweatpeas - but I seem completely unable to grow them. Every year I try and every year they either get eaten by slugs or grow but don't really flower and I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do. This year I have bought loads of seedlings in the hope that something might happen. Today I've planted them out, made supports for them, whispered words of encouragement and watered them in. Now I must wait and see. Until then I will just have to get my fix at the flowershop!

No comments:

Post a Comment