Wednesday 25 April 2012

A heart warming present

Flopsy Bunny's belated birthday present arrived recently and boy, it was definately worth the wait.  After a couple of years of planning and collecting fabrics my mum has done herself proud on this gorgeous quilt.  Part of the delay was because she had also been making an even more wonderful heirloom quilt which is just amazing.  The thing I love about this quilt, apart from it being loving made to warm my little girl at night, is that I have donated some of the fabrics and it is that aspect of quilting that is so great - the recycling of once loved clothes that can be turned into something else and carried on being loved.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt that she will always have with her - looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, it is beautiful, now I've just got to try and keep the felt tip pens off it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete