Thursday 31 May 2012

Jubilee Skirt

When we knew there was going to be a street party in our village for the Jubilee I decided that I would like to make Flopsy Bunny a skirt to wear for it.  I had several ideas on the Jubilee theme - mainly stripes in red, white and blue!!!  Then I came across the Banner Day Skirt from the Modabakeshop website and I knew straight away that this was the skirt to make!!
I made a couple of alterations, the main one was to have the bunting lying on top of the white band of the hem - just like real bunting and of course I added some red ric rac!!!
You would be forgiven in thinking that I am getting carried away by this Jubilee - I tend to see it as an opportunity to dress up, get a bit creative and have some fun.  Do you remember this post?  Well those long stripes of red, white and blue that I was sewing together have turned into these door bows!!  Many houses in the village will be adorning their front doors with them.  The bunting and flags are going up - now we just have to pray for the weather as it is forecast for heavy rain on Sunday . . . !   I'm just popping out to buy some red wellies now (just in case!).

Just one more jubilee post tomorrow and that will be the last - I promise . . . !!

No comments:

Post a Comment