Wednesday 30 January 2013

Butterflies, butterflies . . . everywhere

Oh its got a bit butterfly crazy around here.  I blame it on having to knit two pairs of butterfly mittens, one after the other.  Then a visit to the lovely Soulemama's blog had me stopping in my tracks . . . was that a butterfly hat . . .??!!
Yes it was and knitted in almost the same colour as my mittens, so it didn't take long to make the leap - I needed a matching (well almost matching) hat.
This pattern was fab, easy to follow (and remember) which means you can just get on with the knitting rather than having to check what you are meant to be doing.  I uummed and aaahhed about whether to make it smaller, i.e. less slouchy as others had done but went with the original, which I'm really pleased I did as I like the way it fits.  I doubled up the 4ply yarn that I used for the mittens to make the aran weight needed for the hat pattern.  Other details can be found on my Ravelry page.  I was hoping that I had got butterflies out of my system but Flopsy Bunny has requested a butterfly hat and I think I have just enough wool left to make her one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment