Monday 23 December 2013

Finished in the nick of time

These stockings were totally inspired by SouleMama.

When I saw the one she did for her youngest I thought what a lovely idea and I would love to have a go at one for my little ones.
I have to say that I was totally hooked on the cross-stitch, despite having to do it by head torch!

The little elf came from Wee Wonderfuls elf pattern.  Which was very easy to make and so cute I thought.  Little Roo chose this for his stocking but when he saw the snowflakes I was sewing on his sister's stocking he had to have some of those too!
The snowflakes came from Modern Folk's through The Bitter Frost and Snow.  Such lovely designs and I have a couple of other ideas for these snowflake crossstitch - watch this space!!

I can't decide what I love about these stockings most, the metallic red embroidery thread I found, the gorgeous patterns and designs or the gold satin I lined the stockings in!  The Little One's are very pleased with their stockings, mainly for the presents they will hold!  Little Roo has informed me that he wants Santa to bring him 10 and I wasn't to worry about them not fitting in as Santa squashes them down apparently!

Well that's it from me for this year!  Have a very Merry Christmas and New Year and I look forward to being back in 2014 with a few more crafty endeavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment