Sunday 16 October 2011

Baking and Storing

Sarah Raven's lovely apple cake, and even though it didn't all go according to the receipe (my fine breadcrumb consistancy was rather more like large doughy balls!) this didn't seem to make much difference.  Very yummy and a hit with all.


I also had a bit of an epiphany over our fennel plant the other day.  When I planted the fennel about four years ago I didn't intend to eat it, I just liked it's fluffly leaves and thought it would go well in the herb bed.  Each year the plant gets bigger and bigger - this year it must have been about 6-7ft tall!  So it wasn't until I looked out of the window one day while washing up that it suddenly dawned on me - those are seed heads I was looking at - Oooo I could dry those and use the seeds!  I can't really believe I haven't done it before - lots of lovely fennel seeds. 

2 comments: