Tuesday 11 October 2011

A pickling weekend

DH has been a busy little bee this weekend and there's been a nose tickling aroma in the air in our house.  Our home grown chilli's have been harvested and pickled and then DH moved on to some pears that we had been given by his parents and they got pickled too!  I was slightly worried that if anyone stood still too long this weekend they might end up being pickled!!  Both receipes came from the lovely Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook.  I just love that book and there are so many lovely receipes in it.  I think I am going to make her apple cake this afternoon for the little one's pudding.  It is good to have our annual favourites, like blackberry and apple jam but then it's also good to try something new.  I'm looking forward to some lovely cheese at Christmas with a pickled pear sliced up - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment